Sunday, September 9, 2012

Chocolate Beetroot Cake

I did a cooking class for the Thermomix at The Cooking Professor this week, so I am feeling renewed and inspired to play with the Thermomix some more. I particularly liked Fred's idea to use it to Sous Vide Salmon Fillets, they were really lovely. What I did today was make up a Chocolate Beetroot cake, as hidden veggies are always a favorite for me. After a bit of research here's what I came up with- super easy and kids and husband all ate a piece and declared it delicious. It's moist and rich, but still a nice light texture.


First add 100g butter and 100g dark chocolate to the Thermomix bowl and first blitz at speed 4 for 30 seconds to chop, then melt at 60 degrees speed 2 for a further 3 minutes.

Then add all of the following ingredients together to the bowl;

150g tinned whole beetroot- I used whole baby beets
2tsp baking powder
120g self raising flour
30g cocoa
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g raw sugar
3 whole eggs

Blitz at speed 5 for 30 seconds, scrape the sides down and blitz again for a further 15 seconds. Pour into a lined cake tin and bake at 175 degrees (not fan forced) for 35 to 40 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. We ate it warm with no additions, but I think a dusting of icing sugar, or a dollop of greek yoghurt or marscapone cream and fresh sliced berries would be yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment