Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Caremelised Figs

Thanks to my friend Amy, I had a large bag of fresh figs to be used so I decided to caramelise them. Into the Thermomix I added 200g of raw sugar, 1 measuring cup of water and the juice of 2 limes and cooked at varoma temp for 20 mins on stir with the measuring cup lid off. I washed, trimmed and quartered the figs ending up with 670g of fruit which I then added into the bowl with a split vanilla pod and 30g orange-cello (orange liqueur) and cooked for 30 mins again at varoma but reverse stir so as to retain some shape in the fruit. Use the rice basket rested on top of the lid to avoid fig splatters in the kitchen. With 5 minutes left to go add a large pinch of salt. Allow to cool then serve with ice cream, or swirl through softened icecream and re freeze. This would also be delicious with Greek yoghurt and muesli for a breakfast treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment