Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mozzarella Cheese

I recently attended a Mad Milie cheese making course and took home some great loot ready to make fresh cheese. After a few manual batches I turned to the Thermomix to see if that might take some of the labour away. I've had a big fail on making Haloumi, but I'm not convinced it wasn't to do with the fact I had frozen and defrosted the milk. I did however get a great batch of mozzarella on the weekend! I won't go over the recipe but I have posted the Mad Millie webpage in links- if you are keen to give it a go you'll need supplies and their Italian kit has all the bits. I did a half recipe to suit the volume of the thermo bowl and got enough at least half a dozen large pizza's. The stretching of the cheese was the most satisfying part- grown up play dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment