Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken and Mushroom Risotto

After a disastrous first attempt (grey gluey rice...blech) I managed a nice Risotto last night. I do think a great risotto is a labour of love, and find I really enjoy stirring and nurturing it to the right blend. I am happy though to have a version for midweek dinners and even Jack ate a bowl- albeit without any chicken or mushrooms in his serve! I used 1 brown onion and 2 cloves of garlic and processed at speed 5 for 3 seconds to chop. I then added 400g of chicken diced into 2cm cubes, and 30 g of olive oil and sautéed at 100 degrees for 6 minutes on reverse stir. Next went into 300g of Arborio rice, 140g sliced mushrooms, 900g chicken stock and 100g white wine. I cooked it at 100 degrees reverse speed 1 1/2 for 16 minutes and then poured into the thermo server to sit for 5 minutes before serving with a generous sprinkle of grated Romano cheese. Parmesan or even tasty cheese would have been fine too, and when I ate some as left overs for lunch today I added a splash of hot sriracha chilli sauce. I ended up sitting the rice basket on top during cooking instead of the measuring cup so more steam could escape but not the risotto as it was bubbling through the lid opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment