Monday, January 2, 2012

Pizza Sauce

Happy New Year! I decided to test out the new mixer with a Pizza sauce, as follows. We had visitors and kids ranging from age 3 to 15 happily ate the Pizza unknowingly eating plenty of veg! Blitz 1 brown onion, 2 carrots, 1 celery stick, 1/2 zucchini and 2 cloves garlic for a few seconds to dice, then sauté in 1 tbs olive oil for 5 minutes to soften. I added 1 can diced tomatoes, 500g passata and 2 tbs tomato paste and cooked at 100 degrees, for 20 mins slowly stirring. The final step was a blend at speed 9 for about 15 seconds until a really smooth texture. I used a cup between 6 pizza's and froze the rest in small batches for future use. As I get better with the mixer, I would imagine I could just use whole tomatoes and homemade tomato paste to ensure a preservative free blend.

Ninja Pizza's!

1 comment: