Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sorbet or Slushie?

We had a sorbet failure this week. After hearing my friends with Thermomixes rave about the delicious sorbet they can make we decided to try a lemon sorbet. I followed the recipe from the book- using just over 200g lemon and all we ended up with was sorbet slush! I tried adding a bit more ice but in the end we settled for slush and I chucked the rest in the freezer to sulk. There is a silver lining to my cloud though- today I pulled the now frozen sorbet block out of the freezer, shaved chunks off it with a bread knife and reblitzed for about a minute at speed 10 and managed a passable sorbet after all..... I'd love to hear any ideas on how to make sorbet right the first time, and in the meantime I'll try a refreshing cocktail recipe. Mix a measure of vodka with a cup of lemon sorbet, take a tall champagne flute and pour cava in the bottom, add a generous dollop of vodka/sorbet mix and top with fresh chopped mint and more cava to fill the glass. Perfect for a 38 degree scorching day here in Perth. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment