Sunday, June 10, 2012

Quick Apple Crumble

We all fancied a warm dessert so I dreamed up this version of an old fashioned classic! Into an ovenproof dish I mixed a large tin of pie apples (I think around 800g) with half a cup of sultanas and 1 tsp cinnamon. Into my Thermomix I weighed in 75g rolled oats, 50g roasted almonds and 50g raw sugar and then blitzed for 5 seconds speed 4. I then added 75 g cold chopped unsalted butter, 50g plain flour and 30g special K cereal. I had some that needed using up but you could substitute weetbix, cornflakes, puffed wheat or just experiment with other breakfast cereal you have in the pantry! Adjust the lid to closed and use the turbo setting to pulse all ingredients together 1 second at a time until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Cover the apples evenly with the crumble topping and bake at 170 degrees for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Delicious served with custard or vanilla icecream.

No comments:

Post a Comment