Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tenina's Chicken Stock Powder

I recently attended a Tenina Holder Thermomix cooking class (well worth it!) and she passed around a jar of her chicken stock powder for us to smell- amazing flavour so I had to give it a go. For the recipe you'll need to buy/borrow her book For Foods Sake. I did as usual adapt to what I had on hand and it looks and smells similar. I added some extra veg I found wilting in the fridge- pumpkin, capsicum and some herbs. I then substituted fried shallots in for onion flakes, then celery salt in lieu of celery seed and adjusted the extra salt accordingly. I also transferred my ingredients to a dehydrator after the first baking stage but a 50 degree oven overnight would achieve the same result. The dog has been starving after a house smelling of roast chook for 24 hours! I used a tablespoon instead of a stock cube in chicken chilli con carne tonight and it was yummy. What a great way to use leftover roast scraps and bones instead of wasting them. Thanks Tenina!

No comments:

Post a Comment