Friday, June 1, 2012

Risotto with Prawns and Peas

I'm yet to perfect rissotto in the Thermomix but this was definitely better.... Don't forget to leave the measuring cup lid on the bench or all you'll get is mush! First I chopped 1 carrot, the stalks of 2 spring onions and 1/4 small fennel bulb for 2 secs at speed 5. I added 50g of olive oil and sautéed for 5 mins varoma speed 2. Next I added 300g arborio rice and sautéed again at varoma for 5 mins. Then I inserted the butterfly and added 1 litre chicken stock, 100g sliced mushrooms, 200g frozen peeled prawns and set it for 17 mins, 100 degrees and stir speed. With about 5 minutes left to go I added a handful of frozen peas. Then when the time was up I added 50 g of sugar nap peas cut in half and cooked for a further 5 minutes at 100 degrees and stir. Check the rice if still very white and chalky to bite give it another 2 mins, if it feels cooked even if a little al dente without chalk then its ok. Pour into the thermo server to rest for 5 minutes before serving. If you fancy stir in 20g of butter now. To serve up top with grated Parmesan, and for a spicy hint add sriracha chilli sauce- buy that at your local Asian grocer.

No comments:

Post a Comment