Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lime Passion!

Lime and Passionfruit curd- I was inspired by some cheap passionfruit at the fruit and veg shop and some limes coming close to expiring in the fruit drawer of my fridge. I do love the way the Thermomix gets me using all the bits and pieces left over rather than wasting things, though the butter content of this should really have put me off. Worth it for the taste! Blitz 160g raw sugar for 15 secs at speed 8. Add 6 whole eggs and 3 eggs yolks then mix for 5 seconds at speed 5 to combine. Scrape the side, insert the butterfly then add 230g passionfruit pulp (around 7 fruit), 150 g of cold unsalted butter chopped quite small and the juice of 2 limes. Cook for 10 minutes at 90 degrees, speed 3. I store in sterilised jars in the fridge and expect it will last a week or two. It would be yummy with scones, dolloped onto icecream, filling for a sponge or whipped with a little cream cheese for icing.


No comments:

Post a Comment