Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pumpkin Scones

I'm helping out with some baking for a school fundraiser so I converted this recipe for the Thermomix. Thanks to Johanna K for this recipe- they are delicious, and even our veggie hater Jack ate four in a row- knowing they had pumpkin as an ingredient! Mix 45g butter and 125 raw sugar at speed 5 for 30 seconds. Scrape the sides add the butterfly and blend at speed 4 for 15 seconds. Next put in a whole egg and blend again at speed 4 for 20 seconds. Scrape again and give it another 10 seconds at speed 4. Remove the butterfly, add 1 cup of cold steamed pumpkin and 2 cups self raising flour. I used the varoma the day before to steam the pumpkin and kept it ready in the fridge. Blend using turbo button in brief bursts until all ingredients are combined, but don't be tempted to overmix. Place dessertspoon dollops on a tray and bake in a hot oven 200-230 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve warm with lashings of butter!

These look suspiciously similar to the cheese puffs I posted a few days ago rather than a traditional scone shape but I checked with Jo and she assured me that's how they should look. I think this might also be a nice way to use up left over roast pumpkin once we are into the winter roast season.

No comments:

Post a Comment